I've spent the week studying for the CCA for XA 6.5, it's going okay. There's a fair bit of stuff that falls under the "xenapp" umbrella. I need to review the exam blueprint again to make sure I've covered off all the parts that are going to be assessed.
At work my Edgesight 5.4 rollout at work has hit some issues.
We currently have no published application reporting coming from Edgesight. The agents are definitely seeing the SEMS data (from which published application reporting is generated) but for some reason are not recording it. The issue has been escalated to Citrix Support but we have yet to come to a resolution, they aren't able to reproduce it the lab and I have limited leeway in which to conducting 'live' testing on a customer production farm so progress is slow.
On top of that, there also appears to be an issue with the Edgesight for VDA agent. When you configure a custom alert to poll for system performance data, and you set the poll interval at 10 minutes or higher, the alert never triggers.. ever. Poll intervals of smaller than 10 minutes appear to work fine. That's also with Citrix support, at least with this issue they have been able to reproduce it in their lab so we're just waiting for them to get back to us with a fix now.
I should be ready to site the 1Y0-A20 in a few weeks, yay..
Also, no F1 this weekend, booooo
Have you ever had one of those moments where you are working remotely on a system that could impact overall network connectivity, then midway through whatever it is that you are doing, your remote session drops out?
Yeah... I damn near just had a heart attack. I spent most of tonight patching XenApp servers in preparation for a large Edgesight rollout. During the early stages, while I was patching the data collectors, my remote session dropped and wouldn't reconnect. My first thought was 'dear god I broke the farm', but thankfully it was just my router being a piece of crap and rebooting for no reason.
Another odd discovery tonight was that our two load balanced web interfaces are configured differently. Not sure why that would have been done - it just doesn't make much sense - but it did cause me some confusion while testing data collector elections post patching. If the netscaler balanced my initial connection to the second WI and the first preferred data collector was offline, it wouldn't find the second one because it didn't have it listed, giving me no Xenapp applications. The first WI doesn't have this problem as it has both data collectors in its list.
I might look at bootstrapping the WIs to use a config file from one of the file clusters..